VBS 2006 completed
This past week 19 children took part in the vacation bible school held at our church. It was the first time I have led a VBS myself and it was both a rewarding, and exhausting experience. We used the PCUSA publishing's We Beleive VBS curriculum " A visit around the world in 5 days". This year we traveled around the USA via boat and had a lot of fun with the boat theme. I learned as much if not more this week than the kids. I learned about things like volunteer expecations being clearly defined, kids appetites, time management, difficultly levels of crafts based on kids ages, etc......... There seemed to be a great energy and buzz from the kids and families involved and I hope with this and the lessons I learned this year to have another great VBS in 2007.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home